Sunday, October 14, 2007

Salut tout le monde

Hey all, france is so cold! Even the summer is cold. It seems that this year the summer went wrong, it's suppose to be hot and bright sunshine, but this summer was cloudy and rainy. Anyway summer is over now. It's autumn, less rain but it has become colder.

When I first came to the school, we have something like "orientation camp" which is in fact a 4 days getaway to south france. Nice mediterranean sea, sun, beach. I think you can imagine. hehe.

But when school actually started, the work is really tough. One thing is that language still pose a big problem for me. I have to study physics, maths, programming, applied maths and economics. Evidently, economics is where my weakness falls. I practically don't understand a thing during lecture. I have to go back and read the notes to figure out what's going on. Actually other subjects were difficult too. I had an exam in July and managed to do reasonably well, score is around average among the french.

Not much entertainment here. My school network subscribed to tv broadcast via internet, so I watch some french channels when I want to relax a bit, and also to listen to more french. For my cohort, i'm the only singaporean. There is another singaporean senior, but i usually only see him during lunch. So I usually mix with the chinese prcs of my cohort, especially the 3 others who came with me from NUS.

I went to the Disneyland Paris in july. It turns out that there are 2 parks and tickets are sold according to which park we wish to go. Together with 2 other friends who came from singapore, we went to the the Disneyland Park(the other is called the Walt Disney Studio). For me it's kind of a disappointment, cos most of the rides are children rides(ie small seats and slow movement). It looks magnificent from the outside but the inside wasn't as interesting as it seems. I didn't go to the Walt Disney Studio, so maybe the better stuff are there.

Any of you coming to europe? If interested, tell me, visit me! Anyone getting married? Wait for me to come back! I want to attend the wedding!

How's you guys? I'll check this blog regularly from now on. =)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home